Pages

Monday 16 May 2011

Ectoplasmic impressions

This post is an exception. It's not about fashion, but rather about paranormal activity. I came across this lovely old photograph on woodlayroe's tumblr, which is awesome. Please take some time to have a look at his marvellous images. The plain black and white style does not take the viewer's attention away from the essence of the photo. Each image is really creepy/ gloomy/ mystical and most models seem quite ghost like actually. But I absolutely LOVE it! So, back to the title:


Hmm, unfortunatelly I can't show you that specific image here. You'd have to click on the link above. But I  would really like to include an image here, so I think I can use any other similar photo from google.
How about thise two here:



Obviously, the so-called ectoplasm is that white tissue like stuff that is coming out of the people's mouths and ears. That man or woman is a medium who can communicate with ghosts. They were hired for sceances, especially in the 19th century. Victorians apparently loved talking to dead people. It is the materialisation of a spectre. I personally think it's just gauze. But anyway the pictures look interesting. 

I googled some ectoplasmic fashion shoots and I really like this one here. True art. Very nice.


0 comments:

Post a Comment