Pages

Monday 23 May 2011

Beware, it's postmortem photography

I remember seeing this type of cultural practise in this film here: The Others That movie is very entertainting by the way! But only if you like those types of gloomy-atmosphere, nothing really-happens-but-it-still-scares-the shit-out-of-you-films... 
Ok, what I actually wanted to talk about are those postmortem photographs the Victorians loved to take of their recently deceased ones. They positioned them as if to look alive; I find that quite sick actually. But remember the article about ectoplasm? Obviously, the Victorians were obsessed with parapsychology and death. The pictures were taken to preserve the dead persons' souls. Anyway, these photographs look intrinsically bizarre, don't you think? I hope noone will ever take one of me!

Here are some impression: 



I bet these were some of the Gashlycrumb Tinies 



0 comments:

Post a Comment